Dr. Kaufman has a tremendous sense of community and feels that it’s crucial to be a part of the bigger picture of medicine in the communities in which you practice. As such, he is an active member of the medical community, currently serving on numerous hospital and medical association committees.
- American College of Surgeons (ACoS) New Jersey State Chair for the Commission on Cancer.
- Active member on the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Technology committee.
- Longstanding member on the Jersey Shore Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society.
- One of the founding members of the Sentinel Lymph Node Workgroup Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
- Active participant in the Sentinel Lymph Node Workgroup functions, research and fundraising.
- Former Chair of the Melanoma Workgroup of the NJ Governor’s Task Force on Cancer Prevention, Early Detection and Treatment.
- Former Foundation Board member at CMC Medical Center.
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the American Society of General Surgeons (ASGS).