Media, Accolades & Publications
Dr. Kaufman has received several awards in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the medical community including:
- NJ Top Doctor – NJ Monthly Magazine, 2011
- Kimball Medical Center Foundation Appoints Physicians to Board, 2/15/08
- Recipient of the outstanding achievement award from the ACoS for service in 2008.
- CLP outstanding achievement award from the ACoS, 2007
- Dr. Jarrod Kaufman named cancer liaison physician, 10/5/06
- 2003 Letter to the Editor-Re: Current Treatment of Clostridium difficile- Colitis Jarrod P. Kaufman, 2003
- 2001 Three cases of a small bowel intussusception in relation to a rare lesion: Inflammatory fibrous polyps. Digestive Surgery 2001 Vol. 18 (2) pg.142-6 Jonathan S. Zager, JP Shaw, Jarrod P Kaufman, G DeNoto, 2001
- Pneumothorax after nasoenteral feeding tube placement. Jarrod P Kaufman M.D., WB Hughes M.D., MD Kerstein M.D. American Surgeon 2001, Aug; 67(8): 772-3, 2001
- Laparoscopic appendectomy for Crohns disease of the appendix presenting as acute appendicitis., 2001
- Letter to the editor; Re: Clinical characteristics of antibiotic usage in surgical patients with Clostridium difficile- associated diarrhea The American Surgeon; March 2000; pg. 315. Jarrod P Kaufman, NZ Carp , LL Livornese, 2000
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy during pregnancy: three case reports; Journal of the Society of Laparoscopic Surgery Themis Chamogeorgakis, E. LoMenzo, RD Smink, B. Feurstein, M Fantazzio, Jarrod Kaufman, EJ Brennan, R. Russell, 1998
- Youngest member ever to be named to the Foundation Board of Directors at KMC.
This doctor spent a ton of time explaining my condition and options to me. Would recommend him to any of my friends or family.
Excellent doctor. I have put my complete trust in him for my future heath care. His staff puts you at ease and has a genuine concern for their patients. Michelle is an Angel. Even old warriors get nervous sometimes but I am in good hands.
After suffering for a year with chronic groin pain that went undiagnosed by 5 doctors/specialists and multiple tests, Dr. Kaufman was recommended by a NY City surgeon who indicated he had heard “terrific things” about him. On the first visit Dr. Kaufman confirmed an inguinal hernia diagnosis which he addressed with surgery just three weeks…
Excellent patient care. Dr. Kaufman was very caring during pre-surgery, answering all questions not making me feel pressured. When I returned to the office for a quick question without an appointment, the doctor gave me his time. The scarring from the surgery was minimal and Dr. Kaufman did comprehensive follow-ups. His staff is very personable…
After learning I had an inguinal hernia I spent countless hours researching my options after which I decided I was definitely inclined to seek a “no mesh” surgery with my first choice being the “Desarda” method. Then, much to my dismay, I learned that only about seven surgeons perform this method in the ENTIRE country.…
Back to my to my old self, thanks Dr. Kaufman and Michele! Dr. Kaufman and staff were responsive, patient , thorough and gave me their full attention at all times. From the initial prognosis to the time of recovery my concerns, needs and questions were handled promptly and with care.
Dr. Kaufman has a tremendous sense of community and feels that it’s crucial to be a part of the bigger picture of medicine in the communities in which you practice. As such, he is an active member of the medical community, currently serving on numerous hospital and medical association committees.
- American College of Surgeons (ACoS) New Jersey State Chair for the Commission on Cancer.
- Active member on the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Technology committee.
- Longstanding member on the Jersey Shore Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society.
- One of the founding members of the Sentinel Lymph Node Workgroup Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
- Active participant in the Sentinel Lymph Node Workgroup functions, research and fundraising.
- Former Chair of the Melanoma Workgroup of the NJ Governor’s Task Force on Cancer Prevention, Early Detection and Treatment.
- Former cancer liaison physician at both Community Medical Center (CMC) and Kimball (KMC) Hospitals.
- Former Foundation Board member at CMC Medical Center.
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the American Society of General Surgeons (ASGS).